Friday, September 17, 2010

The King of Rock and Roll



My significant song is “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley. The purpose for choosing this song is because of the show we did in marching band last year at Centerville High School. Our show was titled “Icon: The Art of Elvis.” Icon got us 12th best in the nation at Bands of America. Icon was an amazing and well done show. I’m sure a lot of people here, unless they competed in Bands of America or have ever seen a Bands of America event don’t understand what real marching band is. There are a lot of marching bands out there who just play music and march at their football games, but then there are other marching bands like the Centerville Jazz Band, who go out and compete against the best bands in the nation.
During marching band last year an Elvis impersonator came to Centerville High School. He sang many great songs, but one of them was “Burning Love.” The Elvis impersonator did a very good job I must say. And now, every time I hear this song or pretty much any song by Elvis, I think of my last year being in the Centerville Jazz Band. From doing the show Icon, I learned a lot about Elvis and his music and that made his songs more meaningful to me. I hope that people can relate or understand how I feel toward this song by what I have talked about here and maybe understand a little better by the video.


This video here is the Centerville Jazz Bands preliminary show at Bands of America's Grand National Championship.   

No comments:

Post a Comment